Photo by: Silber Studio
Bruidsgids timeline step 5
Which type of venue would you like?
Here are essential questions to ask your venue
- Is the venue available on the date you need it?
- How many guests can the banquet room accommodate?
- What are their wedding packages and what is included?
- Are there decorating restrictions?
- When can you start decorating?
- Can the centrepieces contain candles?
- What are the different ways the venue serves food? Buffet, family-style, individual plates?
- Do they provide in-house catering? If not, do they have a preferred list of caterers?
- Can you arrange for a tasting?
- Do they offer payment plans?
- What type of payment can they take – cash, check, credit card?
- What is the total cost and what is required for a deposit?
- Are there any photograph or video restrictions?
- What suggestions do they have for locations to photograph?
- Do they have outdoor covered areas such as canopies or tents in case of rain?
- Can the venue accommodate the ceremony?
- Are the ceremony and reception held in the same room or separate rooms?
- If same room, what can be expected for set up and take down to switch over from the ceremony to the reception?
Looking for more questions to ask your venue? Click here to buy our Bruidsgids Journal to guide and help you.
Bruidsgids Tip: This a good time to start booking the church if you are not getting married at the venue.