Advertising Terms & Conditions
- When you submit content to Bruidsgids, you provide express authorization that Bruidsgids may disseminate, reproduce and use the content on the Bruidsgids website or through any of the social media platforms, magazines or publications in which Bruidsgids appears or manages.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for submitting content which Bruidsgids may use to market your goods or services, and that you take full responsibility for such content including the legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness of the content.
- You understand and acknowledge that any content created by Bruidsgids, especially advertisements and photographs, may NOT be used on or by any other advertising platform.
- You understand and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to inform Bruidsgids of any changes to your contact information and to update us with the relevant documentation.
- You acknowledge that Bruidsgids cannot be held responsible for the late submission of digital advertising material and understand that it Is your responsibility to send advertisement material to Bruidsgids as soon as possible before the given deadline.
- You understand and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to strictly adhere to set deadlines. Bruidsgids cannot be held liable for any errors that may occur if final approval of your advertisement is received after a given deadline.
- After you sign-off on any content or an advertisement, Bruidsgids cannot be held responsible for errors after the content or advertisement has been published.
- You agree that any special requests will be given to Bruidsgids in writing.
- Bruidsgids reserves the exclusive right to amend, modify or remove any content submitted by you if and where necessary, insofar as the amendment or modification does not affect the integrity of the submitted content. This means that you are not allowed to use any content created or used by Bruidsgids on any other advertising platform.
- When you submit content to Bruidsgids, you expressly authorise Bruidsgids to use any logos, trade marks, designs or copyright works or any other content in the scope of providing the arranged services as well as for advertising or marketing purposes, provided that Bruidsgids will always acknowledge the author, origin or owner of the content.
- When you submit content to Bruidsgids, you provide Bruidsgids with a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to the intellectual property in the content as submitted.
- Specifically relating to styled or arranged shoots, you as a photographer agree to assign ownership of the copyright in photographs to Bruidsgids subject to the condition that Bruidsgids will acknowledge you as the origin and photographer.
- You expressly state that none of the content submitted to Bruidsgids contravenes any Act or constitutes an infringement of the intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties and you indemnify Bruidsgids, its directors and / or employees harmless against any claims resulting from any submitted content.
- Any content used and displayed on the Bruidsgids website, social media platforms and / or magazine including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations, video, music and sound recordings, names, logos and trade marks are the property of Bruidsgids or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws and you agree not to modify, reproduce, adapt, sell, publish or distribute any of this content without the prior written authorization of Bruidsgids.
- You understand and acknowledge that Bruidsgids cannot guarantee the specific position of placement of the advertisement in a publication.
- You understand and acknowledge that Bruidsgids may impose a fine of R500 (incl. VAT) for failure to make payment on or before a set deadline, provided that you did not take the necessary steps to enter into an arrangement with us 24 hours before the set deadline.
- These terms and conditions will prevail should a situation arise where there is a conflict between a verbal or written representation made by a Bruidsgids employee or representative and these terms and conditions.
- Any agreement entered into between Bruidsgids and yourself may only be terminated in writing after settling of all outstanding invoices and by giving the appropriate notice that the agreement will be terminated.
- Bruidsgids may at its sole discretion amend or modify these terms and conditions from time to time. Any changes to any of these terms will supersede and replace these terms of conditions.
- You understand and acknowledge that Bruidsgids has the sole discretion to refuse the publication of certain content on the basis that the content undermines the moral values, ethical standards and/or religious views of Bruidsgids and its representatives or on any other basis whatsoever.
- Photographers that partake in an Editorial Spread shoot hereby agree that they will turn over all content produced on the day of the shoot to Bruidsgids (Pty) Ltd. This will happen in the time frame requested by Bruidsgids (Pty) Ltd.
- The supplier agrees to protect the good name and reputation of Bruidsgids at all relevant times and accordingly render its services to the customers generated through Bruidsgids in a professional and acceptable manner. The supplier acknowledges that by its failure to deliver its services in a professional and acceptable manner, and by virtue of its affiliation with Bruidsgids, it could potentially cause Bruidsgids to suffer reputational harm.
The parties accordingly agree that Bruidsgids shall be entitled to terminate this agreement should it receive complaints from a customer and/or prospective customer pertaining to the poor service delivery and/or substandard of work by the supplier. In this event Bruidsgids shall furnish the supplier with proof of any such complaints and the supplier shall be afforded the opportunity to offer an explanation as to the cause of the complaint. Should Bruidsgids find the customer’s complaint to be reasonable, fair and with merit and should the supplier fail to offer a perceivable explanation as to the cause of such complaint(s), Bruidsgids shall terminate this agreement with immediate effect.
In the event of the termination of this agreement in terms of this clause, the supplier shall have no claims against Bruidsgids.
The customer forthwith indemnifies Bruidsgids against any claim as a result of loss or damage suffered by a third party and/or customer caused by the poor service delivery by the supplier.
POPI Act Clause
Both Parties agree that they will comply with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and Regulations and process all the information and/or personal data in accordance with the said legislation and only for the purpose of delivering the rights and obligations in terms of this Agreement.
The Parties to this Agreement, its employees and any subsequent parties to this Agreement acknowledge and confirm that –
One or more of the Parties to this Agreement will possess and will continue to possess information that may be classified or may be deemed as private, confidential or as personal information.
By submitting information to the other Party, it consents to the collection, collation, processing and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this Agreement.
Personal information may be disclosed if required –
by a subpoena or court order;
to comply with any legislation;
to protect the safety of any individual or the general public.
Personal information may not be sold and may not be disclosed to anyone except as provided for in this Agreement.
Debit Order Terms & Conditions
Details of beneficiary: Address: 194 Lois Avenue, Newlands, Pretoria, 0181. Tel: 012 365 2205. Name as Registered with the bank: Bruidsgids (Pty) Ltd.
I / We hereby authorise you to issue and deliver payment instructions to your Banker for collection against my / our above-mentioned account at my / our above-mentioned Bank (or any other bank or branch to which I / we my transfer my/our account) on condition that the sum of such payment instructions will never exceed my / our obligations as agreed to in the Agreement and commencing on the above mentioned date and continuing until this Authority and Mandate is terminated by me / us by giving you notice in writing of not less than 20 ordinary working days, and sent by prepaid registered post or delivered to your address as indicated above. The individual payment instructions so authorised to be issued must be issued and delivered monthly.
In the event that the payment day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or recognised South African public holiday, the payment day will automatically be the very next ordinary business day.
I / We understand that the withdrawals hereby authorised will be processed through a computerised system provided by the South African Banks. I also understand that the details of each withdrawal will be printed on my bank statement. Such must contain a number, which must be included in the said payment instruction and if provided to me should enable me to identify the Agreement. This number must be added to this form before the issuing of any payment instruction. All web packages will be valid for a minimum term of 6 months.
In the event that payment is unsuccessful, for any reason whatsoever, Bruidsgids may elect to impose a penalty fee of R150 (incl. VAT). This penalty fee will be added to the next recurring deduction.
I / We acknowledge that all payment instructions issued by you shall be treated by my / our above mentioned Bank as if the instructions have been issued by me / us personally.
I / We agree that although this Authority and Mandate may be cancelled by me / us, such cancellation will not cancel the Agreement. I / We shall not be entitled to any refund of amounts which you have withdrawn while this Authority was in force if such amounts were legally owing to you.
I / We acknowledge that this Authority may be ceded or assigned to a third party if the Agreement is also ceded or assigned to that third party, but in the absence of such assignment of the Agreement, this Authority and Mandate cannot be assigned to any third party.